Guidelines for the easy digital-entry process:
- Click on the block for the Discipline (Ad/PR, Creative Arts, etc.) appropriate to your entry on the Awards homepage or click on the hyperlinked Discipline in the Category list below.
- Select the Category in that Discipline appropriate to your entry and complete the form. The Description of Entry is especially important. It’s the same kind of copy you would write for an ad to sell your product or service.
- When submitting multiple pieces for campaigns, pay close attention to the upload instructions for acceptable artwork and file formats on the Entry Form.
- Upload a digital copy of your entry, per the instructions. NOTE: Entries in the Graphic Arts Discipline also must be accompanied by an actual example of the entry. See delivery instructions on the Graphic Arts page.
- The fee is $50 per entry up to 10 entries, $35 for each additional entry over 10 and $100 for a campaign entry (three to five pieces). Entrants will be mailed an Invoice for payment by check (preferred) or credit card on PayPal.
- Click on Submit. If the submission is successful, a confirmation line will appear near the top of the page in a yellow box, like the last line of the sample below.
THE EVENT, where all winners will be announced, is from 6 to 9pm, Wednesday, May 23 at the Bell Harbor Conference Center on Pier 66. The awards include a Big M (first place) and certificates for Silver (second) and Bronze (third) winners in each Category. The cost is $100 per person, and two tickets will be billed with each entry invoice, as in past years.
Thanks and good luck!
Here are the Disciplines and Categories
for the 2017 MARKETING Awards:
1. TV COMMERCIAL(-$10K): Single spot
2. TV COMMERCIAL (+$10K): Single spot
3. RADIO COMMERCIAL: Single spot
4. PRINT AD: Single ad
5. OUTDOOR AD: Single ad
6. WEB AD: Single ad
7. TV CAMPAIGN: Minimum three spots
8. RADIO CAMPAIGN: Minimum three spots
9. PRINT CAMPAIGN: Minimum three ads
10. OUTDOOR CAMPAIGN: Minimum three ads
11. WEB CAMPAIGN: Minimum three ads
12. INTEGRATED CAMPAIGN: Up to five different elements (e.g., TV spot, radio spot, print ad, outdoor ad, web ad—i.e., not five TV spots)
13. PRIVATE-SECTOR PROJECT: Project for private corporation
14. PUBLIC-SECTOR PROJECT: Project for public agency
15. PSA: Video, audio or print
16. SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
17. CORPORATE/BRAND IDENTITY
18. PRINT PIECE/COLLATERAL: Stationery, Poster, Flyer, Calendar
19. PRODUCT LABEL
20. PRODUCT PACKAGING
23. ENVIRONMENTAL GRAPHICS: Exterior and/or interior design that connects people with place
24. B2B CAMPAIGN: Up to five different elements (e.g., print pieces, packaging, email) targeting a business audience
25. CONSUMER CAMPAIGN: Same as 24, except target is consumer audience
OUT-OF-HOME (Section for out-of-home vendors only)
26. TRADE SHOW EXHIBIT
27. LARGE FORMAT INDOOR: Advertising/decorative graphic/identity
28. LARGE FORMAT OUTDOOR: Advertising/decorative graphic/identity
29. GUERRILLA/NON-TRADITIONAL MARKETING
GRAPHIC ARTS (Section for commercial printers only)
31. CLIENT/SELF-PROMO PIECE
36. FINISHING: Binding , embossing, diecutting, etc.
37. TELEVISION: Self-promotion (One to three spots.)
38. PRINT: Cover
39. PRINT: Custom Publication
40. PRINT: Special Section
42. PLAN : Objectives, strategies, tactics, results
45. WEBSITE: Responsive Design
46. WEB VIDEO
47. MOBILE APP
48. PRINT DESIGN
49. DIGITAL DESIGN
50. PUBLISHERS’ CHOICE